How time flies! Blake is already 10 days old and I feel like we are going to be sending him off to college any minute. I’m a little hesitant about him growing up. It is so much fun to see his little personality developing already. Here are a few of Blake’s likes and dislikes in his first 10 days of life:
- Sleeping on his dad’s chest
- Rooting towards anything that touches his mouth – clothes, fingers, blankets, etc. (He looks like a little bird)
- Trying so hard to suck on his hands
- Cuddling with mom in the middle of the night
- Getting his picture taken
- Being swaddled tightly, and trying to get his arms out (He is very strong)
- Eating! Eating! Eating!
- Observing his new world with his beautiful big blue eyes
- Grasping onto his mom or dad’s finger
- Being swung from side to side
- Trying to smile and grin
- Getting his diaper changed
- Having cold air touch him
- Getting his sponge bath (So much screaming!)
Overall, Blake is a very good baby and is beginning to sleep longer stretches (hooray!) He has brought such a wonderful little spirit into our home and continues to amaze us with how much he learns and observes.
First night at home, all bundled up!
The woman in Blake’s life.
Blake’s favorite place to sleep.