We finally have our Internet connected. I’ve been going crazy. It’s amazing how much I rely on the Internet. In some ways, it has been nice to not have the temptation there to waste time surfing, but I have needed so much information this past month and a half that I usually always go online to find. For example:
- What are the phone numbers/locations of essentials in our new town? (I whipped out the dusty yellow pages on many occasions)
- What in the world do I do with these gigantic saggy sunflowers that are growing all over our yard?
- What is our bank account balance?
- How do I pay our online bills?
- Where can I find cute lamp shades?
- How do I know what is good brand of lawnmower/weed wacker?
- What do I do about my baby’s slight fever?
- Which hospitals in the area will accept our insurance?
- How can I get my online Babies R’ Us, Robert’s Crafts, and Hobby Lobby coupons?
- What is the menu for a particular restaurant in our town?
- What gym can we join that will have childcare, enabling us to work out together?
- How can I change our mailing address with insurance companies, bank accounts, etc. without the web?
It’s official. I am completely addicted to and reliant on the Internet. I didn’t realize how much I use it, and not just for the perks of email and blogging, but for really useful information. So, I am happy to be connected back to the world again. I hope to not waste too much time online though. I’ve really enjoyed having spare minutes to focus on setting up our house and get organized over the last month.