There have been a lot of highlights in our five years of marriage. Here are our top ten (in no particular order):
1. Honeymooning in Mexico.
2. Graduating from college. I like that I was able to support Troy through two more years of school and contribute as the breadwinner for a short time.
3. Preparing for our family to expand.
4. Bringing two beautiful sons into the world.
5. Starting our careers. Mine was short-lived because I started the most fulfilling career; motherhood.
6. Buying our first home. We’re still trying to decide if that was a highlight in the current market.
7. Spending holidays together, even if Troy is a scrooge.
8. Going on vacations. Most of our trips have revolved around visiting our out-of-state family, but we consider those vacations nonetheless.
Mackinac Island, Michigan
St. Petersburg, Russia
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
9. Going on dates. Now that we have children, we make a constant effort to have a weekly date night. It doesn’t always happen, but we really value our time alone where we can be “us” and not just mommy and daddy.
10. Living every day moments. Despite all of the other big highlights, what I love the most is that we are building our lives together, day by day. We are learning and struggling and apologizing and forgiving and celebrating and rejoicing. We are sharing all of our moments, good or bad, with each other. That is the greatest highlight of all.