Five Reasons I Adore Blake:
1. His memory and attention to detail blow my mind. He can recall a location that we visited two years ago by seeing the parking lot.
2. The way he scrunches up his nose when he gets really animated about telling a story.
3. He can focus on one task for great lengths of time and he’ll sit on my lap and read stacks and stacks of books with me.
4. He gets Nash to laugh hysterically in the moments when I don’t know how to distract him.
5. He absorbs knowledge like a sponge. It fascinates me to hear him sound out words. He wrote his name all by himself for the very first time this week (after working with his disinterest all summer, he decided to write it on his own).