This has been a nutty nuts week. Birthday prep, Christmas prep, and a baby who all of a sudden started screaming instead of sleeping all night long.
But before I attempt to catch up on some much needed shut-eye, I can’t let this day end without honoring the birthday boy. I love our oldest little man for a million reasons, but here are six of them:
1. Blake is my right-hand man when it comes to taking care of his brothers and helping out around the house. In fact, he gets upset when I clean the toilets instead of letting him do the dirty work.
2. I love that I can talk to him and reason with him as an adult (most of the time).
3. Blake keeps me on my toes when it comes to creating new memories. He also holds our family to traditions, even if they were only initiated once.
4. He loves to go to school and I can always count on him to have a good report. His whole class was given these t-shirts a few weeks ago. How can he possibly be in the class of 2026?
5. Blake could listen to music for hours on my ten year old iPod. He has several pop songs memorized and has invented many dance moves.
6. He is full of faith and is always the first one to suggest prayer in difficult situations.
We sure love our Blake. Much more on his first ever friends’ parrrty to come, once I’m a little less sleep deprived.