Nash had a birthday yesterday and felt the love from all directions. One set of neighbor friends decorated our front door and another made him his own birthday cake. He loved all of the phone calls from family and homemade cards from Blake and paper crown he received at school. He is so easy to please. I can hardly believe it has been six years since that tiny 5 pound baby joined our family.
Six things I love about Nash:
- He knows what he likes and what he doesn’t and he sticks to his guns. He doesn’t make excuses and he tells it like it is.
- He has had quite the year of nonstop coughing and appointments with specialists to get to the bottom of his asthma and sinus issues. He has to do breathing treatments and oral and nasal meds daily. He rarely complains about how miserable he feels and how many medications he has to take.
- We thought getting him to buckle down and work on homework every day would be a challenge, but he has surprised us with his positive attitude and attention span to complete the work efficiently.
- He can often be found building with LEGO bricks on his own, singing songs from Primary or the radio.
- His go-to phrases are “Let me guess” and “Oh, right.” When we hear others say those phrases we always refer back to Nash.
- I love it when he reveals a story he draws or constructs. His mouth turns into a smirk and he talks in a monotone voice but the excitement drips off every word.
Happy birthday Nash!
I love that energetic, fun-filled boy!!!! So glad he felt love from so many people.
What Shawn said. Happy Birthday Nashydoodle!
I just LOVE the Pure Happiness and Excitement in Nash's eyes and whole face, especially in the 1st two photos! It just fills me with immense happiness and love when I see them. I'm pretty sure I break out in a huge smile each time I view them! Love those boys!
What Shawn said again.